Pitsel & Associates Ltd. specializes in Executive and Management Coaching.
“Our chief want in life is someone who will make us do what we can”
– Emerson –
Are you looking for a Coach for yourself? Would Dr. Pat be a Good Coaching Fit for You?
How do you find a Coach that would be a good fit for you?
An important element in the coaching process is that of achieving a good fit between coach and coachee. There are all sorts of reasons why there may not be a good fit without either party being to blame. There can be differences in values, personal style, experience, or just plain lack of comfort.
Might I be a good fit for you if you are looking for a coach?
- You are willing to try new (and sometimes difficult) things.
- You are willing to admit (at least to yourself) that the situation you are now in is at least partly due to either what you have or have not done.
- You are willing to commit time and energy to the coaching sessions for a six month period.
- You are willing to listen to feedback about what you do well and what you need to improve.
- You understand that you can’t talk your way out of something that you behaved your way into.
- You know that you have the ability to do much more than what you have done to date.
- You want to work with someone who believes in compassionate honesty rather than brutal honesty.
- You want to work with someone who will not give you permission to fail yourself.
- You are dealing with a mental health issue. Psychologists may be coaches; coaches are not psychologists.
- You have a pattern of passive aggressive behaviour (you say “yes” but never follow through, for example).
- You believe that your current challenges are a result of other people treating you badly, either in the present or in the past.
- Your current job/family responsibilities leave you no time to work on the challenges.
- Your most successful strategy to date in trying to overcome challenges is BMWC (bitch, moan, whine and complain).
- Someone is sending you to coaching and you are agreeing only to not rock the boat.
- You believe that your boss is the problem. Coaching you will not make the behaviour of your boss any better.