Pitsel & Associates Ltd. specializes in Executive and Management Coaching.
“Our chief want in life is someone who will make us do what we can”
– Emerson –
Are you looking for a Coach for yourself? Would Dr. Pat be a Good Coaching Fit for You?
How do you find a Coach that would be a good fit for you?
An important element in the coaching process is that of achieving a good fit between coach and coachee. There are all sorts of reasons why there may not be a good fit without either party being to blame. There can be differences in values, personal style, experience, or just plain lack of comfort.
Might I be a good fit for you if you are looking for a coach?
- You are willing to try new (and sometimes difficult) things.
- You are willing to admit (at least to yourself) that the situation you are now in is at least partly due to either what you have or have not done.
- You are willing to commit time and energy to the coaching sessions for a six month period.
- You are willing to listen to feedback about what you do well and what you need to improve.
- You understand that you can’t talk your way out of something that you behaved your way into.
- You know that you have the ability to do much more than what you have done to date.
- You want to work with someone who believes in compassionate honesty rather than brutal honesty.
- You want to work with someone who will not give you permission to fail yourself.
- You are dealing with a mental health issue. Psychologists may be coaches; coaches are not psychologists.
- You have a pattern of passive aggressive behaviour (you say “yes” but never follow through, for example).
- You believe that your current challenges are a result of other people treating you badly, either in the present or in the past.
- Your current job/family responsibilities leave you no time to work on the challenges.
- Your most successful strategy to date in trying to overcome challenges is BMWC (bitch, moan, whine and complain).
- Someone is sending you to coaching and you are agreeing only to not rock the boat.
- You believe that your boss is the problem. Coaching you will not make the behaviour of your boss any better.
About Pitsel & Associates Ltd.
Pitsel & Associates Ltd. is a consulting firm based in Calgary since 1984. The firm serves as a resource for management personnel, by assisting in:
- Assisting in the creation of a positive work environment
- Increasing organization receptiveness to change
- Improving communication
- Reducing staff turnover
- Increasing overall productivity
Pitsel & Associates Ltd. has an extensive network of exceptional, experienced Consultants who can be called upon in order to best meet individual client’s needs. Rather than trying to be all things to all people, Dr. Pat has believes that the best service can best be offered through sourcing high level expertise in areas other than what she delivers personally.
Key aspects which would ensure the success of any of the training workshops and individualized facilitation, consulting, and coaching services are the firm’s ability to:
- Customize training and consulting for the client in accordance with the client’s needs
- Operate at a high level of accountability
- Bring acknowledged expertise in workshop design and implementation to each project
- Provide participant-centred, interactive training
- Incorporate “hands-on” familiarity with the subject matters throughout
The Values which inform our practice (and those whom we employ on an individual contract basis) are:
Personal and Corporate Integrity. The company and the people associated with the company, whether in lead or support positions, will demonstrate the highest level of personal professional, and corporate integrity. We will only promise those things which we can deliver. We will meet our obligations to individuals, to organizations, and to our society. We will do what is ethically and morally right even when it is difficult.
Honesty. We will strive for compassionate honesty is all our dealings with others. Our behaviour and actions will be congruent with our words.
Respect. We believe that all people deserve to be treated with respect and consideration, regardless of their background, race, religion, gender, age, status or ability.
Courage. We will honour our commitments and fulfill our responsibilities even when it might be easier to avoid them; we will act in such a way that everyone will know what we stand for even when it may be to our advantage to dissimulate; we will do what we know to be right even if it results in a financial disadvantage.